Discounted Special Packages
- Our member hotels offer discounted rates. Contact us for further information.
- AmCham provides Member-to-Member Services. Contact us to find out more.
- Networking Breakfasts feature guest speakers, including government ministers, captains of industry, celebrities and authors.
- Cocktail Receptions.
- Business Luncheons.
- Briefings for visiting senior company representatives who are visiting South Africa.
- Circulation of a monthly Parliamentary report on legislation that will impact members.
- AmCham Position Papers on topical subjects.
- Productive dialogue at Board level between the South African government and U.S. business.
- Meetings with the government.
- Comment submissions on policy.
- Oral presentations to government.
- Meetings with Chairpersons of Parliamentary Portfolio Committees.
CEO Discussion Forum
Personal invites are sent to CEOs to discuss relevant topics in the business environment. All discussions are off the record.
AmCham hosts various Forums based on thematic business issues. These Forums are the “engine room” of AmCham. Our Forums enable members to learn from a cutting-edge speaker and solve challenges amongst peers. The Forums are aimed at subject matter experts to develop and empower this level of the worker.
Our nine Forums include:
- Brandholder Anti-Counterfeiting Forum
- Health and Wellness
- People Management
- Policy & Government Relations
- Regional Trade
A monthly Newsletter encapsulating our activities is circulated to our members.
Hosting of both incoming and outgoing trade delegations.
AmCham hosts an annual Thanksgiving Dinner in accordance with American custom. The dinner is a sell-out event every year.
Stars of Africa Awards
In an effort to showcase what AmCham members are doing in terms of socio-economic development and corporate social responsibility, we have created awards to recognise excellence which are handed out at our annual Thanksgiving Dinner. Best practice examples are published in our Annual Report.
Adhoc Workshops are hosted to disseminate information on new legislation and regulations.
- Communications and publications on key business issues are circulated to members.
- A weekly snapshot of the economic landscape in the previous seven days.
- An annual Parliamentary reception with government ministers, the U.S. Ambassador in South Africa, and captains of industry.
- An annual Thanksgiving Dinner in line with American tradition.
Advertising at a nominal cost is provided as a value-added member service to profile our member companies.
Want a banner advert on our website? There are various banner options available on the AMCHAM website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A Business Directory that contains the names and contact details of 500 American companies in South Africa can be purchased from us. Contact email@example.com for more info.