Chairperson: Nataly Marchbank (Tax Director: Africa, Middle East – Cummins Africa and Middle East)
Vice-Chairperson: Nikki Oberholzer (Head of Tax – Coca-Cola)
Launched in 2013, the Forum was created in response to member demand to keep abreast of current tax issues that affect multinationals, to compile policy submissions on tax legislation and interface with government agencies in order to address common issues encountered in business. The Forum discusses topics such as South African VAT and Customs, South Africa’s potential as a distribution hub, indirect tax issues and transfer pricing interpretation.
- To share information – including the impact SA legislation has on U.S. companies and U.S. tax reform.
- To interface with government agencies such as National Treasury and SARS to address common issues.
- To compile policy submissions on tax legislation.
- To provide a networking platform.
Past Speakers have included:
- Robyn Berger, Tax Executive at Bowmans, on “Tax Difficulties multinationals face when trading in Africa”
- Musa Mkhabela, Researcher at the Industrial Policy Unit, dti, and Tshepo Semenya, Deputy Director at the Industrial Policy Unit, dti, on “The 2017/18 IPAP – status quo”
- Ismail Momoniat, DDG: Tax and Financial Sector Policy at National Treasury, on “2017 Tax Policy Issues in SA”
- Keith Engel, Chief Executive at the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) on the 2017 Budget and what it means for multinationals
- Advocate Eric Mkhawane, CEO at the Tax Ombud, on “The Ombud’s link to issues and complaints pertaining to SARS”
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.