Chairperson: Mike Beaumont (Founding Member – Peloton Consulting)
Vice Chairperson: Cherilyn Milner [Operations Director – Fragomen Africa (Pty) Ltd]
Labour and skills development are critical to every organisation and are at the forefront of ensuring that South Africa is a competitive place in which to do business. The People Management Forum specifically focuses on labour-related business issues that affect AmCham members. Workshops are arranged to find solutions to labour-related issues, and to share best-practice case studies.
- To address issues relating to people management and skills development in the workplace;
- To influence legislation by compiling submissions on said legislation, and to measure our impact;and
- To act as a platform to provide networking opportunities for members to share expert knowledge and best-practice
Past Speakers have included:
- The HR & IR Consultancy on “Treading Uncertainty but Searching for Hope”;
- Joint Health & Wellness and People Management Forum on “Getting More out of Level 3 Lockdown”;
- Cameron Ross, HR & Transformation Consultant at LabourNet, on “The Employment Equity Amendment Bill”;
- Mike Beaumont, Elsabe Klinck, Managing Director at Elsabe Klinck & Associates & Martin Wolfaardt, Customer Service and Logistics Director at PepsiCo Simba, on Integrating back to the Workplace – beyond COVID- 19″.
- JC Nel, Executive Consultant at 21st Century, on Employment Equity
- Tabea Kabinde, Chairperson for the Commission for Employment Equity (CEE), on the CEE’s 19th Annual Employment Equity Report
- Daniel Orelowitz, National Commercial Manager for Learnerships at Training Force, on “The benefits to your B-BBEE scorecard by running Learnerships in South Africa”
- Shane Kidwell, Headmaster at St. Alban’s College, on “The Future World of Work”
- Tapiwa Tevera, Transformation Leader at Johnson & Johnson, on the YES Program and J&J’s perspective to addressing youth unemployment
- Mike Beaumont, Owner at Peloton Consulting, on Employment Equity
- Lusanda Raphulu, Partner: Employment Relations; and Amanda Arumugam: Partner: Dispute Resolution, at Bowmans on “An Update on Employment Law”
- Marion Shaer, Director at Conflict Dynamics on “Managing Racism in the Workplace”
- Nerine Kahn, CEO at Employment Relations Exchange and former head at the CCMA, on “Labour legislation in SA: Where are we now?”
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.