Chairperson: Ricardo Rosa (Enterprise Commercial Lead – Microsoft South Africa (Pty) Ltd)
Vice-Chairperson: Rutendo Hwindingwi (Programme Director | Alchemy by Deloitte School of Leadership; Business Development Leader: Africa & Emerging Markets – Deloitte)
Launched in October 2015, the AmCham Digital Forum was formed as a response to member demand to become more involved in digital issues in South Africa, to compile policy submissions on ICT legislation and to network with professional and government organisations within the ICT and digital landscape. The Forum places specific focus on Industry 4.0 and how businesses can be an active participants through upskilling programmes and commenting on critical legislation.
- To articulate the Digital Opportunity in the South African context for our members;
- To identify the important factors, enablers and blockers towards effective digital transformation;
- To drive Digital Readiness to take advantage of the Digital Opportunity:
- Skills/Education programmes
- Solutions to drive jobs/employment
- Technology prerequisites/regulation/legislation
- Global Competitiveness; and
- To advise/guide on governance and digital responsibility (Alignment with King IV, Privacy, cybersecurity, ethical AI)
Past Speakers have included:
- Valter Adao, Deloitte Africas Chief Digital and Innovation Officer, on “Navigating the unknown: Leadership for the Digital Economy”.
- Barry Vorster, Partner at PwC, and Bernice Wessels, Senior Manager at PwC, on “Skills Bridge – the future world of work”
- Martin Meiring, Director and Co-Founder-, and Wesley Patrick, Director and Co-Founder at QuidPro; and Paul Horsfall, AmCham Honorary Life and Board Member, on “Cryptocurrencies and the difference between Bitcoin & Libra”
- Leishen Pillay, Associate Director for Risk and Advisory Service Line at Deloitte, on “Managing risks in areas of Data Protection and legislation”
- Kevin Mackenzie, Managing Director at Conversations in Growth, on “What stays Unchanged in a Digitally Transformed Business, and why does it matter?”
- Lionel Moyal, Director: Commercial Partners at Microsoft, on “Articulating the Digital Opportunity”
- Kevin Richards, Global Head: Cyber at Marsh, on “Managing the threat of Cyber Risk”
- Lionel Moyal, Director: Commercial Partners at Microsoft, on ” The Digital Journey”
- Dylan Piatti, Senior Chief of Staff: African Consumer and Industrial Products division at Deloitte, on SA’s readiness for Industry 4.0.
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.